Sunday 14 May 2017

Breaking The Silence (With A Mini Shopping Trip!)

So hello!  Long time no speak.  I had what was probably known in the business as 'writers block' but in my real world it was more a little break as life just became a little over whelming.  I had planned to write a post explaining myself but I randomly woke up this morning after feeling unwell for the last few days wanting to share two little treats with you so here they are.  Maybe I will break again, maybe I will share a little more insight into my shenanigans but there is no real plan, I am free-styling it and going with the flow.  No pressure being placed on my little self - so apologies to the probably now small regular audience I have left, I can't guarantee the frequency on here!


So what got the creative juices flowing again you may well ask?  The Victoria Beckham tops I managed to bag 5 weeks ago or the shoe post I drafted back in March?  Nope.  A new piece of nightwear I think.  Rock and Rock, totally.  Oh and it was a belated Mothers Day present so perhaps sub consciously it follows on from my now very old last post!  On Mothers Day we popped to Bicester Village as in the end I just fancied some new PJ's.  Alas there were none there until nearly 7 weeks later and I find the most comfiest night shirt ever.  It was reduced to £21, one left in my size then another 10% off with my VIP card.  Not forgetting 100% beautifully brushed cotton from The White Company.  It was meant to be.  


Next up, for any Jo Malone fans, The Cosmetic Company are now stocking it permanently and also more than just the bath and body range.  These little travel perfumes are £9 (you have to spend over £55 to get any discount) and just perfect for me as I don't tend to get through perfume easily.  This scent was gorgeous and a lovely little treat.

Dolce & Gabbana
Gucci
So that's all I bought.  A belated Mothers Day present of a night shirt and a £9 bottle of perfume.  It was enough to excite me after the last few months, trust me!  However look at these beauties from Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana.  Nothing that could warrant a place in my life right now but the stylist in me truly appreciates the beauty and drools over the fabrics, craftsmanship and art of the pieces. Maybe it was seeing these that got me going again and not the nightshirt after all......


Clothes really weren't on my agenda and if they were, I gravitated towards comfy jumpers - that's all I tried on!  And rather fittingly the nightwear was also a 'comfort' purchase.  I saw this wool and cashmere jumper in All Saints.  I really liked it but the reduced price tag of £70 felt a little hefty.  Also, whenever I go there they always have and extra 20% off everything and lucky me that day - they didn't!  Coming into Summer I didn't want to pay that price so I left it behind but I now have a friend working in the village so will have to get her to keep an eye on it!

Shacket & Jeans; Topshop
Jumper; Rag & Bone
Boots; Ash
Bag; Balenciaga
Watch; Tag
'N' brooch; Markus Lupfer
The first time in what felt like a while that I'd made an effort so thought I'd share the outfit!  Nothing mind blowing just my favourite Joni ripped jeans from Topshop, a jumper (with a thermal vest under - that start of feeling poorly!), shacket and my beloved Balenciaga handbag.  Some classics in my wardrobe.  Comfort plus a little style - my staples.  

NB The VIP discount card is available to anyone with AA cover.  You just need to show your card to the information desk on the day to get one.  There are conditions naturally but generally it is very handy to grab, even if just for a cheeky coffee discount!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...