Greetings from Barbados! I'm currently away for our big family holiday and a special someone's wedding. I'll be back soon but for my regular readers who knew I'd purchased my first swimsuit since school - it was a raging success! My black strapless one from TK Maxx in Dublin was perfect for my first day by the pool, not baring too much pasty white flesh and being comfortable and stylish at the same time.
Monday, 27 October 2014
Friday, 17 October 2014
1. For rubbing it in that in a weeks time I will be on the beach and 2. because this outfit has even hurt my head! But finally, finally I came to a decision. By the end of last week I was starting to feel better so I managed to put my dress on and actually try the shoes on with it. So it goes as follows;
|Love these Steve Madden ones but so not right with the dress, too much bulk at the end of my legs|
|My 'new' Dune shoes bought in January I think - they were about £12 so no telling off for purchasing way out of season with no reason to wear them OK? I have since found out a little more about the venue and suffice to say, flats it is.|
|I was sat by this point!|
I promise to share some snaps from the day in my full attire and properly made up. But my work on this outfit is done, at last!
Sunday, 12 October 2014
I am not sure where this year is going, how are we nearly mid way through October already? I am still not into my Winter wardrobe yet, it's all about the big Summer vacation at the end of this month! I am however clearing out my wardrobe, getting it ready for some new Winter purchases but I'm more about what needs to go than what I need right now.
|The Summer box firmly has it's lid on it but it does need an upgrade to something slightly prettier (originally it was unseen in the loft!)|
|At one stage this was rammed with handbags...(identical shelves opposite still fairly full but no where near as many as when I first took over this wardrobe!)|
My October shopping list goes as follows;
- A fur pom pom hat. Ideally it would be cashmere with a fur pom pom but I was slacking looking for one in the sales last year and I am not good at paying full price for something. So we will see!
- Black jeans - now we are Winter bound, I kinda need to get into searching for these ASAP. I've been struggling with my Baxter skinnies for a while now as they just sit too low, Gap seems to be better so I need to spend some time in there trying on.
- Christmas party froc - yep, I need to crack on with this, time flies when you're having fun and my husbands works do is the start of December. I am considering my stripe H&M skirt below as a starting point to this outfit and re-working it in a different way.
So what did I buy from my September list?
- Wedding sandals - tick (will be sharing on another post, it's far too long a thought process to add it to this one....)
- Um, nothing else but I did randomly buy a hat (£15) from a vintage store and a new vest from one of Mary Portas's Living & Giving shops for £5. I'm fairly pleased with my lack of purchases actually!