Friday 10 February 2017

My Mini Break In Dublin Part 2 (The Shopping & Clothes One!)

A mini break wouldn't be any sort of break without a stop off in Duty Free right?  I was racing through it last year so didn't have a chance to stop but this time my Mum and I had plenty of time for a browse.  She reminded me that every make-up box needs a good clear out and as I'd raved about the Urban Decay Naked Basic's that actually mine was well over 2 years old.  Oops!  I hadn't realised there was a second version out and the colours were gorgeous.  So at £17.99 that was my little treat!  They go on so nicely and are really natural.  

Using the middle two shades
Naked 2 Basics £24 
So on with the birthday spends - I'd stashed it away ready for my trip!  Not one to pass a TK Maxx, I always pop in when I'm in Dublin (last time I bagged the most gorgeous Chloe sunglasses!).  I'm spending a little more on my basics now as it's really worth it in terms of fit and quality.  This James Perse t-shirt was €27.99 but really looked good on so I felt it was worthy of the price tag for such a simple garment.  


Now this one I also went and spent a little more than normal on. I blogged previously about a navy sweater from TK by Karl Lagerfeld. Unfortunately it went back as had shrunk and faded after one wash. I was gutted. My friend has a gorgeous grey sweater from Whistles that I've been coveting for a while now. When I saw the Whistles sale rail I made a pact with myself that if there was a sweater in my size, I was to get it. There literally was one in a navy, slightly larger than I would normally take which I prefer in jumpers so it was meant to be. It worked out around the £50 mark and after I bought it I frantically panicked it would be cheaper in the UK - it's not often I buy on impulse but I had no wifi to check online! It was about the same and only had an XS left so it was all ok......!


Coat; Warehouse
Jeans; Topshop
Boots; Gap
We were walking past a shop window when my sister spotted these socks - yes, I love a toasty sock and even more so when it's the thickest cashmere!  Um, yep, I pushed the boat out as they were about £12 but it's not often I have a girly week-end with my Mum and sister and as I have birthday pennies left, still, what better way to spend them but on socks and a new hat?!?!  Cute pink though and that was £8 so I couldn't resist.  


On the last day I literally ran into the Zara on the off chance there was anything left in the sale.  I saw this top for €12.99 and as my sister could return it for me, grabbed it to try on when we got back to hers (we were flying back that afternoon).  It came home with me.  Such a sucker for a cream blouse. 



As we only took hand luggage with us it was a tight squeeze on the clothing front (plus the additional buys and also a rug for my Mum - I still don't know how I got it all back!).  I decided to take my faux fur Topshop coat (purchased via eBay last year) as it really glams up an outfit but keeps everything simple underneath, warmth and comfort as there was a lot of walking!  I literally packed a few pairs of jeans, my black suede Timberland boots, thermal vests and a series of jumpers.  My coat really was the perfect edition!  Oh and I'm not subtle about my socks with ankle boots like these.  Show that extra layer, adds a little character!  

Blue jeans with grey jumper!
Black jeans with cream jumper!
Bag; Chloe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...