I had this idea to have a monthly shopping list, purely for my own benefit as I get so led by a bargain I forget what I actually need in my wardrobe. I wrote this list in June but I got carried away in the sales and forgot all about it! To be fair to myself, I have purchased from it however I have also added a few new items and put some on the back burner.
I firstly wrote; No more breton stripes (for a while at least, I appreciate this is a classic) nor cardigans. Failed on both BUT this top from the Gap outlet was £4.90 and the cashmere and cotton cardigan from Costco £12.99. So I'm letting myself off based on the fact that I spent less than £20 on my failures.
So the 'needs' looked like this;
- Black skinny/fitted jeans (my old faithful Topshop Baxters are now grey). Not urgent right now
- Beige small heeled ankle boots suitable for walking. I purchased these from Jones Bootmaker. I sat them on the box in my bedroom for a few weeks and every time I went to wear them something stopped me. I talked myself out of them so they went back. Maybe it's the weather and that I'm in open shoes (although out of season buying is usually a favourite of mine) either way, they just didn't make the cut
- Casual skirts/dresses - I purchased the Zara one from this blog below and the Moschino skirt seen in this blog so there's a tick here!
- Trophy jacket - this is now on hold partly based on the weather but also I tried on a fair old few and none worked on me so I got a little deflated and stopped looking
- Denim shorts - NEED the most. I have a good selection of smarter shorts now but am really struggling finding a denim pair that fits properly. I am tempted by these from Esprit
|Stretch denim shorts £29|
- Shirts/blouses - smarter styled tops
- Skater Shoes - finally found some that fitted from Next. I wanted something that sat in-between a trainer and a ballet pump and these do the job nicely (even more so for £9 and leather!)
|(Thank you Kat for sharing yours on your blog)|
- Newly added - a swimming costume. They are everywhere at the moment and the hang ups that they are old school is long gone, move over bikini, the swimsuit is well and truly back. This is probably my toughest quest as not only am I long in the body so the ones I've tried end up far too low, but not being blessed in the chest department I don't want to completely flatten what I have! I am not holding out much hope
- Second newly added - wedding outfit for a beach wedding end of October. It will be hot hot hot, sandy and my girls are flower girls so I will be dashing about after them all day. I need sleeveless, not too pale to show up dirt (preferably a print), a good fabric that won't make me sweat and thick enough straps to cover my bra (comfort will be key and me & strapless bras don't get on). So the hunt it well and truly on!
So there you have it. It's written in black and white what I am missing. Lets see how I do this month and will update you in September.