Thursday 8 September 2016

Winter Coat Inspiration

So whilst some of you appear to be receiving this Indian Summer that was supposed to be here this week, over in Bucks, we definitely haven't!  The winds have picked up and only today has the sun appeared to take away a little chill.  With that in mind I thought I'd do some leg work for you and get you Winter ready - the early bird and all that!  Over the last few years I've upped my coat game and made sure I have a great selection as I do feel the cold.  So starting with a pea coat - such a versatile style for every day.  I purchased a navy one from Warehouse earlier this year in the sales and being a denim wearer, I think it's a great staple to have.  As always, I'm checking out what they are made of!

The White Company £198 with 75% wool 
Jigsaw at John Lewis £198 (yes, exact price as above!) with 78% wool
I know these both seem a little pricey however anything under £100 that I've found has been made of rubbish and you will get one season out of it so I'm not going to share them!  Think about the cost per wear idea.  If you wear this for say 3 months of the year every day and only over 1 year it works out at roughly £2.20 a day.  This is a staple item that never dates so on your second year you're down to £1.10 then I'll let you do the math based on the many many years you will have out of it.  

Jack Wills £198 with 80% wool 
Throwing the above one in as whilst searching for a little animal print, I stumbled across this.  I seem to have been on an eternal hunt for a decent camel coat with wool in.  This one looks gorgeous.  Straight onto my wish list this one goes, if only I hadn't announced at home how much I 'needed' all those other coats......A running theme with the price you will see - how odd!

Boden £189 with 46% wool & 25% cotton
Back to what I was looking for!  Now I have two animal print coats in my wardrobe (despised by my husband) and I love them both equally.  One is a wool mixed one like the above, it has a smarter vibe to it and was from Zara years ago.  The second a faux fur one from Topshop bought via Ebay earlier this year.  I really enjoy adding a print to the mix when it comes to coats.  Being a school run mum sometimes you just feel like adding a little fun to the standard plain clothes underneath.  The above one from Boden is a great alternative if you don't feel you need a lot of wool for warmth as the cotton is another great natural fibre to make sure it stands the test of time.  

FCUK £150 with 75% wool & 5% cashmere
Going slightly off piste again but sharing as I find - this one above is another great woollen one with a slightly different take by way of the draw string affect.  I like the boxy cut of the top half but also the way it can nip you in at the waist.  It is looking like anything made of decent materials is over the £100 mark at present I'm afraid.  You're just going to have to start out of season shopping like me and buy styles that don't date at the wrong time of year!

La Redoute £87.50 with 60% wool 
Typical, right towards the end I start finding a few little gems, starting with the above.  It goes from a size 10 up and would be a great buy but probably better for someone with a little more height than myself!  
M&S £99 with 63% wool
My last little gem was this one above which does also come in navy but I really like the green.  Not the highest wool content of them all but enough I'd say to make sure it doesn't bobble too much.  I love the wide collar on it and how well it actually works with the feminine dress.

Over to you, get shopping and be prepared, you know how our weather can suddenly turn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...