Wednesday 18 May 2016

Beautiful Bargain Boden Buys!

I got carried away with the title, apologies (can you tell I've been revising my written English knowledge with my eldest!?).  This post is being split into two as before Boden contacted me I had visited their shop in London and taken some snaps to share.  Then this post got so large so there's going to be a part two next week.  I was so excited when they asked me if I would like to pick a few items to review over on my little blog, I spent a while perusing their website as there was so much I liked but I ended up with some classic staples and one thrown in for fun.  I do browse their Clearance section quite frequently as they always have some great bargains.  I had recently featured this lightweight jacket on my 'Bargain Buy' so I didn't hesitate in trying this.  I copied their look as I loved it with a stripe and simple jeans.  Unfortunately now it's out of stock and I'm not surprised as it was £59.50 down to £29.75.


(1 million shots later - it honestly felt like that, this was the best but the pram made it's debut)
Please note this blog is real - I just can't loose the kids.....However I did dash to the hairdressers straight after seeing this shot!
The breton was also from Boden and is in charcoal grey.  I bought it in a raspberry red last year and it's one of my favourites as far as fit, quality and price go.  It washes so well, only needs a quick iron and hasn't shrunk like other ones I have so I've added a second to my collection.  They come in a huge variety of colours and the fit is true to size and not too tight either.

Later in the day with less hair!
Long Sleeve Breton £26.50
This colour combo of it is currently on sale at £18.55
Because one breton wasn't enough with the order and I'd had my eye on this one a while, I chose a classic navy but with a gold glitter spot - spots and stripes all in one with sparkles thrown in for good measure - genius creation Boden, genius!  It does come up slightly longer in the body than the above style, but being long waisted this doesn't bother me at all.  It has some great little splits down either side so it sits well on the hips. 
My 9 year old is really persevering with trying to take my photo's but the 4 year old insists on getting in on most of them.  Life of a working Mummy.  Sigh. 


Last but by no means least, what else do you think I headed straight for?  Yup, their cashmere in our Spring/Summer.  I harp on about buying out of season staples and this is the perfect time to invest in really good knitwear.  I have a cashmere cardigan I bought from Boden years ago and it really has stood the test of time.  Initially I chose this raglan style however it comes up large and was out of stock in my size.  At £139 down to £69.50 this is a great purchase that you won't regret (and may even wear before Autumn hits if our current weather is anything to go by). 

Raglan Cashmere Jumper £69.50
So instead I chose this polka dot cashmere jumper.  Now this does fit true to size so I actually sized up as I wanted a more loose fit.  This is the same price as the above but has a more structured style to it, especially with the black panelling around the waist.  I am yet to wear it as it has been so warm of late but I don't doubt that this will be a great addition to my wardrobe come the colder months.  If you can, out of season buying really is a great way to build a classic wardrobe that works hard for you.
Cashmere Crew Spot Jumper £69.50

Also worth mentioning that I always wash my cashmere in my machine on a hand wash cycle then air dry.  I haven't ever paid for dry cleaning and as I know this can put people off buying decent fabrics I thought it needed a little note!

Thank you to Boden for allowing me to choose some fabulous pieces that will be staying in my wardrobe season after season. 


1 comment:

  1. I need all of these in my life NOW!!! I'm yet to purchase from Boden, but this post is making me want to do it sooner rather than later. Especially LOVE the dotty cashmere, too cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...