Friday 17 October 2014

The Sandals Update (I apologise in advance...!)

1.  For rubbing it in that in a weeks time I will be on the beach and 2. because this outfit has even hurt my head!  But finally, finally I came to a decision.  By the end of last week I was starting to feel better so I managed to put my dress on and actually try the shoes on with it.  So it goes as follows; 

Love these Steve Madden ones but so not right with the dress, too much bulk at the end of my legs
Loved these the most but when I took a step right back to look a far in the mirror, they properly chopped up my already short legs (hence I love to wear a heel to give me some height and make the legs look longer!).  Also prefer a thonged sandal to hold onto my feet better in the sand and heat.  Sorry Steve Madden!
My 'new' Dune shoes bought in January I think - they were about £12 so no telling off for purchasing way out of season with no reason to wear them OK?  I have since found out a little more about the venue and suffice to say, flats it is.
The winners by Office!  Honestly, my pants photo doesn't do them justice.  Apologies, by now I was exhausted with it all and you are lucky to get these semi decent photos!  I liked the nude leather and the jewels were so perfect colour wise it was like they were meant to be.  I definitely have the 'space' for some jewelled sandals in my wardrobe and the thong style is always a plus for me. 
The 'nearly' ones from Mel.  Goodness the smell is so good.  Slight difference in the colours of the two different sizes I ordered but as they were going back that's fine.  I do think I will still try and buy some thonged style ones next year, purely for the baby powder scent, it is too good. 

I was sat by this point!
I promise to share some snaps from the day in my full attire and properly made up.  But my work on this outfit is done, at last!


11 comments:

  1. I love the Office ones with the dress, they're so pretty and practical too! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your relief Natalie, you've made a great choice. And that dress is just perfect. Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a relief Donna, he he! Thank you, rather pleased with the £20 I spent on that dress!x

      Delete
  3. the office are the winners by a furlong, i hope that the day is amazing, can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am sure it will be just as fabulous as we are expecting!x

      Delete
  4. Perfect decision, winners by a country mile. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not sure what took me so long to decide actually!x

      Delete
  5. Oh I'm so excited for you. A beach wedding is tricky to dress for but I think you've nailed it. Sandals are perfect. Maybe throw in the Dune ones for the after party - just to give them a spin?! Can't wait to see the pictures from the day itself. Safe travels xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! But definitely bring the heels too! Can't wait to see the pictures from the day. Have a ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Office ones win hands down for sure!
    #notjealous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...