Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas Sales

So the sales seem to have been and gone on-line this year! If you didn't get in there quickly (ie mid night when they went live - before Christmas when we were all busy preparing for the big day!) then all the best bits have gone! Even as I tried to do a quick spot of shopping pre the big day, the stuff was selling out before I could check out! I think they need to be re-named the pre-xmas sales! Definitely think this was the worst year I've experienced them selling out this fast on-line.

So all I have managed was a maternity dress (pre xmas of course!) from Asos. I have not ordered from them in a long time, but in sheer desperation and with a 20% off code and free returns (it pained me to pay the £4 delivery!) I did bag a bargain. It was £21 (then discount) but now back up to £30. Delivery was very prompt, returns for the ones that didn't work were easy and refunded quickly, over all I was impressed. Dress is comfy and simple, I felt really good in it. Follow the link to view.

Bagged a few bits in the Topshop sale. A silk black dress (classic for post pregnancy, silk's one of my favourite fabrics - now sold out!), tunic number and cape style top for the Summer. Yet to take delivery so will report back later!

Popped (and I mean 'popped' - it was a 2 hour trip due to busyness!) to Bicester Village. Clearly some sale bargains to be had. Hubby managed a bargain pair of shoes for work in Clarks (£70 down to £15) and I grabbed an oil cloth lunch bag for shopping trips with the kids from Cath Kidston, £14 (Tesco bag in bottom of pram not cutting in anymore.....!)

Eyeing up these boots from Timberland as bought a pair from their Earthkeepers range last year and literally lived in them. Not sure the discount is enough for me at the moment, so playing the game and hanging on to see if they are reduced further! Also contemplating this leather gilet, not for now of course. A few years ago I had a cropped green jacket in what looks like the same leather also from Miss Selfridge and I have surprisingly worn it a lot. I seem to always use the Christmas/January sales to buy things for later in the year!

So far, that is it! Beauty sales seem to be good but am not in need of much at the moment. Pregnancy legs permitting, going to attempt a few department stores later in the week, will see what that brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...