Friday 14 August 2015

A Mini French Connection Review

I was loitering around the changing rooms waiting for a client the other week when I spotted a sales assistant with a fabulous t-shirt.  Never one not to ask, I marched on over to find out where it was from and naturally grab a photo - I have no shame!  It is from French Connection.  I loved how she'd teamed it with a plain leather skirt, it made me want to get mine out more often and dress it down with t-shirts for every day wear.  

FCUK T-Shirt £30
I've always liked French Connection but it has fallen off my radar recently - Zara and Topshop seem to be my firm favourites at the moment.  I did use to rely on them heavily for dresses as they seemed to suit my shape and I knew my size would fit me (rather than with some brands who fluctuate their sizes, style and season dependent!).  This below number also caught my eye.  I'm a sucker for a bit of embroidery and the navy and white colour combo really worked for it.  

French Connection Dress £135 


I saw the below dress whilst in Dublin with my sister.  She tried it on but they didn't have my size.  It actually worked out cheaper here in the UK (£36 from £120) but French Connection were sold out.  John Lewis have it in stock though so I'm hovering over the order button - just to see if it fits of course, which I'm planning that it won't (or really can't...!).  A great buy though and I tend to find their dresses are the right side of fashion - not so high fashion that they're done after one season, but just enough to still be a safe bet in your wardrobe for a good few years. 

French Connection Leopard Moth Dress (via John Lewis) £36
I have a few golden oldie French Connection dresses lurking in my wardrobe.  One in particular that I bring out at least once a year for an occasion.  It was actually found via a charity shop but it was my size and I knew it would fit.  They are very fair in their sales so make sure you have a good browse around.  It isn't too early to be thinking ahead for party season you know - 132 days to be precise!  Leaving you on that note rather promptly.

PS Extra 10% off sale with code EX10SALE until 24th August 2015. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...