Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Ash Error (& A Potential Topshop Rectification)

I was in London last week for a few press days and luckily enough there was an Ash sample sale on the same day.  I dragged the lovely Jane along to the sale who was so controlled compared to me who had an armful of shoes to try on.  I had seen some sandals online a while ago from Ash with orange studs (someone remind me if you saw them discounted somewhere too!) and thought they looked really fun.  They had the below £130 down to £65.  I tried them on, liked them, walked away, went back and looked at them again and thought I preferred the black which they didn't have in my size. Not only that, I felt £65 was a lot for a sandal, I only have little feet!

The Ash Milo
Fast forward a week and boy am I regretting not just getting the gold.  Firstly, they are £130 full price as current season.  Secondly, I live in flats in the Summer so why not spend a little more on a really decent pair that also had something else going for them in the way of those funky studs.  Live and learn I say!  I'd easily spend that on a wow factor pair of courts yet as they just seemed like a less substantial shoe I naturally wanted to spend less.  Needless to say I'm on the hunt now.  These dropped into my inbox courtesy of Topshop.  I now need to find my way to store to try them on.

Topshop £39
What's your budget for sandals - would you spend £65?

PS Size 3 in those Ash sandals please if anyone finds them remotely near the sample sale prices!

PPS The Ash also have that Balenciaga feel to them don't you think?  Now at £300 + I definitely won't be wearing those on my feet any time soon!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie that's such a shame you're now regretting not getting the sandals....isn't it always the way! They were lovely & would go with anything & I would have been sorely tempted myself if they'd have had them in my size but like you would have put my sensible head on & thought they were too much for a pair of sandals but when you break it down in a cost per wear it does make sense (sorry I'm not helping much am I!!!).
    I'll keep my eye out & let you know if I see any, hopefully it means that you'll find the exact same pair even cheaper somewhere else. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - you'd think I'd know better as well! That's my back up plan, they weren't meant to be mine at that price, I was meant to pay even less....! x

      Delete
  2. Noooo! Can't believe you left such an investment purchase behind Natalie!! I bet you would have been able to justify on the pay per wear front as the sandals are something you could wear everyday....a dressier shoe you would not! Having said that I love the Topshop ones.....get yourself in there quick to try them on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, I know, what a plonker hey. I'm now going to blame Jane, her controlled shopping made me hesitant. Sorry Jane he he x

      Delete
  3. Oh that is gutting! I'd of been the same as you though Natalie & worried about the cost initially but Michelle is so right as they would go with everything & last a good few years too! I do hope you manage to get your hands on some! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they would have done, however with the down pours we are currently having I'm feeling a little better as they would just be sat in my wardrobe! x

      Delete
  4. Oh nooo! That's such a shame. But I like your back up idea that they are still meant to be yours but at a lower price again!!! And yes, I have paid that much for sandals in the past ... purely because I've bought in desperation as I find sandals really tricky to buy due to psoriasis - sandals that fully cover your foot anyone?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back up plans are always good....lets just hope it works! Now that must have been tricky, I don't envy you that x

      Delete
  5. £65 is way beyond my pathetic budget for sandals. Hunt high and low and you will find an alternative pair for half the price!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...