My monthly update on trying to stick to what I actually need in my wardrobe continues. On working it all out, I feel I have been fairly successful this last month so maybe I should ensure this is a definite regular post (even if it is purely just for my own benefit...!).
So the 'ticks' are as follows;
- Beige ankle boots: after mixed views from my Insta buddies, I ended up keeping this style in the biege/sand/nude (call them what you want). When I returned the black to store, I had to look away, I still love them! But I don't need them, nor do I need doubles of the same style. Vairety is the spice of life! I have sprayed mine so they are protected and worn them several times already (blog to follow on those outfits). At £30, they were cheaper than the ones I returned in my August list here, they are flatter and more sand in colour than taupe which was my original criteria.
|Now don't anyone else tell me they preferred the black...|
|The keepers! Worn, no going back now! Topshop £30|
- Casual skirts/dresses: I wasn't properly on the look out as my focus was mainly on sorting a wedding outfit but I grabbed this grey dress in Dublin's Topshop when I was visiting my sister. It worked out at under £20 and was so comfortable, ideal for my hot holiday in October.
- Trophy jacket: not a proper tick but I got this Gap number from the outlet and is light and casual, a little bit thicker than a cardi.
- Denim shorts: well no, I didn't find any but I did find some in the Zara sale for £9.99 so I bought those in stead - that's a tick right?!?!
|The usual with denim shorts. These were from Zara.|
|Topshop's wall of denim shorts couldn't even help me|
- Shirts/blouses: I found this Zara one in store for a ridiculous £5.99 and this Whistles silk one from the outlets for £35 (was £125) so a proper tick for these two. My wardrobe is very casual so they have been a welcome addition. Both have already been worn, will share pictures soon.
- Swimming costume: now this I thought was a definite unrealistic addition to my shopping list, but I found not one but two! I'm yet to christen them so I can't comment on how they wear but I was surprised at how easy I found them. The black strapless was in TK Maxx in Dublin and the navy M&S was whilst I was down in Cornwall. Both heavily reduced so that made me even more happy.
- Wedding outfit: another item ticked that was easier than I thought. I did a lot of online shopping for this, I was not successful when I was looking around shops, I just found nothing. In the end I had 3 to choose from and luckily for me and my bank balance, the cheapest was the winner. I'm on a role with Topshop this month. Am I the only one who seems to find this with them, I buy nothing for a while then find loads in there?
|Light and easy to wear. It will be jazzed up don't you worry!|
|I just need one of those straps to pinch my bra in as the back is cut out, which I love.|
|This was second in line and was from Miss Selfridge, £60 (I found a code as always and got it for £50). It fitted beautifully and if it wasn't a beach wedding, this would have won.|
|This was originally my favourite reduced to £27 in Topshop but after several people said the colour did nothing for me, there was no chance it was staying put.|
|I loved the back though. Damn it.|
Additional purchases; oops. Slipped off the 'shopping list' wagon. Apologies, but pretty self explanatory why (will write it out though just in case someone questions my motives...)
|It's cotton and cashmere, Antoni & Alison at TK Maxx and was £8 odd. Quirky, natural fabric, cheaper than Primark!|
|Ok, ok, epic fail on the breton front. But it was a good quality, well fitting black breton which I don't have and again, I waited until I got back to the UK and bought from Topshop for £16.|
|I missed out on the J Crew camo sweater that went into the sale so when I saw this for £4.99 in Gap, it didn't take much to part with my cash. Love it.|
So that leaves me with what I am looking for this month. I'm saving now and on count down until my holiday so the list needs to be teeny tiny.
- Diamante sandals for wedding (but I have a back up that may have to work as I'm been on the look out and seen nothing glam enough so far).
Carried over August's list:
- Black jeans
- Denim shorts - but on the verge of giving up!
I'm not thinking too far ahead to Winter yet, I'm still in Summer mode whilst my holiday is on the horizon. I may not be saying that in a few weeks though....!