Wednesday 28 August 2013

Habitat, Homebase and some Home Improvements!

As this blog is about my 'shopaholic tendencies' I thought it only fair to share other bargains, not of the clothing variety.  On a whim I decided to paint the lounge and as Homebase were having a 15% week-end and Nectar had given me a voucher for a free paint sample, I started there.  I got a little side tracked.  3 cushions, half a dinner set, 2 lamp bases and lampshades later and a few hours lost over 2 days, I emerged triumphant.  Just in case you weren't aware, Homebase now sell Habitat stock.  I found a shelving rack at the back of my local store full of goodies.  Not only were they a fraction of the price but I got the additional 15% off and triple Nectar points!

Habitat cushion £4.25

These cushions were £25 then reduced several times down to £5, then a further 15% off making them £4.25.  A little quirky but then I like to mix things up a little at times. 

Homebase glass lamp and shade £17

Next up was the lighting department.  I've had my lounge lamps for over a decade now and they needed replacing.  The glass base was £30, the shade £10, 50% off then the additional 15% making them £17 each, result!

Habitat dinner sets £4.25 for 4 pieces
And probably my favourite bargain from Homebase is this dinner set.  I debated over night, headed back the next day to find that the second set of 4 side plates had been purchased (thanks who ever took them) I then spent 45 minutes at the Customer Service desk tracking more sets down.  Yes, when I want something, I persist and thank goodness the sales assistant had patience that day to deal with me.  I located a box of side plates and two boxes of the bowls in the Bournemouth store.  Thanks to my lovely friend who lives there, for £25.50 I bagged a 24 piece dinner set (8 dinner plates, 8 side plates and 8 bowls) which is still on the Habitat website at the full price of £116.  I LOVE a bargain, love love love.  (There are 4 different colour variations in the set, I haven't bought odd sets before anyone questions my sanity).

My new green lounge!
And by night!

So in case you were wanting to freshen up your lounge or replace your dinner set, Homebase is my tip off!

4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely colour, looks like the men have control of the remote in your house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to take a trip to Homebase, you got some fab bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is beautiful - so homely! I've just moved & have a mountain to climb with decor! Thanx for the tips! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, so pleased with it. Will do for another few years until we rip the fire place out and re-carpet once the baby is potty trained!
    I really recommend Homebase, their clearance stuff is so heavily reduced. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...