Tuesday 7 December 2010

Time for Change



At about this time every year, I feel like I’ve let myself go in favour of Christmas present shopping and general preparation for the festive season. I ran out the house to do the school run this morning, flies open, hair un-brushed and not a scrap of make-up on, I was still 10 minutes late. So then every year around about now, I feel the need for a complete re-vamp of my style. I feel like I want to be braver with my look, make some fashion mistakes, and invest more instead of ‘throw away fashion’. I always feel the need to get everyone’s opinions on my fashion, why I don’t know. I guess like most of us I don’t want to look like the odd one out. I am a huge advocate of making clothes and accessories work for you, be courageous, go for it. But then sometimes I lose this myself – especially when I’ve purchased what I think is the most amazing leopard print shoes (on sale at D&G – investment!) and the husband absolutely detests them! At the start of 2011 I enter my 30’s, so I think now is as good a time as any to stand on my own 2 stiletto bound feet and take a few more fashion risks. Do I go with the leopard print (animal is obviously ‘my thing’ right now) coat from Topshop, which according to 2 dear friends is very ‘Bet Lynch’, ‘you’ll never wear it again, don’t you dare’. I am wearing the shoes to the ‘Silver themed’ Christmas party no matter what, feel like throwing the coat in there just to rebel! I’ve just gone a little redder with my hair colour too (Nice & Easy is now not covering my white hairs...) so I feel I have made a start. How much further I will take this this time round I don’t know, I hope I will prove myself wrong and just go for it. After writing this this morning, I did what any self respecting, working (trying to still be fashionable) mother would do, donned my North Face gilet, my trusty Ugg’s and headed to Tesco's to feed the family (flies done up this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...